Corona virus in India
First case of Corona virus was reported on 30th January 2020 from the state of Kerala. We would be updating regularly about the situation in India. As on 8th February 2023
· Recovered: 4,41,51,027
· Fatalities: 5,30,745
Confirmed Cases 4,46,84,768.
Official website of government of India is https://www.mohfw.gov.in/
Other websites to check https://www.covid19india.org/
Also you can check https://www.mygov.in/covid-19
Government of India has taken a very essential aggressive position to lock down 1.3 billion people country for 21 days to restrict the spread of Coronavirus. As advised by Govt, please stay home and stay safe. Let us hope this timely action will help to minimise the impact of Coronavirus. Prime Minister extended the nationwide lockdown till 3rd May 2020. On 1st May 2020 government of India further extended the nationwide lockdown by two more weeks till 17th May 2020. The government further divided the entire nation into three zones-Red zone, Orange zone and Green zone. The Government has provided certain relaxation based on the zone. Green zone is provided with more relaxation as compared to red zone.
The Government of India further extended the lock down till 31st May 2020 with little more relaxations.
On 30th May 2020 Government of India announced the lock down to continue in the containment zones till 30th June. 2020 with the services of different sectors to resume in phased manner.
Domestic flights have started with limited numbers.
Curfew from 9pm to 5am.
Religious places, malls in some places to open from June 8th.
Here are the details of travel, lock down in India
Toll free Helpline number is 1075, +91-11-23978046.
On 22nd March Indians Observed Janata Curfew or voluntary curfew for 14 hours from 7am to 9pm on the insistence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
On 24th March 2020 to control the spread of coronavirus in India the Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi ordered for nationwide lockdown for 21 days. It has started from 25th March and will end on 14th April 2020. During this lock down period only essential services like the hospitals, groceries shop, chemists, water supply, electricity supply, tele-communications etc to remain open and all other things including schools to remain shut down.
14th April 2020: Prime Minister Narendra Modi further extended the ongoing nationwide lockdown to 3rd May 2020.
Transport services like the
metros, railways, airways, buses are also shut.
All the borders of the states are closed hence travelling from one state
to another state by road is also not possible until there is any emergency. Lockdown restricts people from stepping out
of their homes unnecessarily. Here are few questions answered to make it easy
for all to understand the position of India at present.
As on 8-04-2021. Due to the increase in cases many states have started with night curfew and few restrictions. please check before travelling. Some states require negative test report before entering the state.
As on 16-04-2021. Most of the states have imposed night curfew and weekend curfew. Some states which are going for weekend curfew is Delhi, Maharashtra. Please plan your trip accordingly.
Delhi has further extended the curfew till 26th April 2021. Delhi has further extended the lock down till 4th May 2021. Delhi has extended the lock down till 31st May 2021
Karnataka is under full lock down till May 14th 2021. Karnataka has extended lock down till June 7th 2021.
Most of the stated are under night curfew and weekend lock down
8th June 2021- As the cases are coming down some of the states like Delhi and Maharashtra have started the unlocking process
· All persons who had travelled to foreign countries were compulsorily quarantined for 14days on their arrival.
· The ministry of Home affairs in the latest advisory has cancelled visa issued to any national of any country stands cancelled till April 15th except the Diplomats, officials of UN/ international organisation.
· Visa of foreigners who are already in India are valid and can contact foreign regional registration office.
· Major groceries shops are open and the government have also given permission to work 24/7 if required.
· All the restaurants and dine in service to be suspended.
Major places of worship, temples are closed
§ Commercial and Industrial services along with private establishments and factories to remain shut.
§ Transport services including railways, roadways, and airways remains suspended. The National railways are operating its freight services even during lockdown for transporting essential services.
§ All the international commercial flights are not be permitted to land in India until 15th April 2020.
§ All restaurants and dine in to remain closed.
§ All educational, training institutes, coaching institutes, malls, theatres are closed
§ Regional functions and gatherings are not permitted.
§ Major markets are shut. Gym, Spa, swimming pools are closed.
§ All monuments, Major parks are closed.
sports activities stands cancelled.
§ Major services like the Defence, central, police, public utilities service, disaster management, essentials services like water, electricity, fire engine to remain open.
§ Medical services like the hospitals, Pharmacy, clinics, laboratories, Nursing homes and ambulance services to be open.
§ Commercial services like ration, food services, fruits, vegetables, Dairy, meat, fodder will remain open. Banks, insurance office, ATMs will remain open with limited staff. Petrol pumps, Gas retail will remain open.
Essential services are allowed to be transported from one state to another.
§ Whether you are in India or any where else in the world please follows the guidelines of your country and from Wealth Health Organisation.
§ Stay indoors as much as possible.
§ Maintain a distance of 1 meter when going out.
§ Thoroughly wash your hands regularly with soap or any hand sanitizers.
To combat the coronavirus pandemic Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced Prime Minister Citizen Assistance and Relief emergency situation fund PM CARES. Anyone who wish to donate can go the website pmindia.gov.in and donate to PM CARES fund using the following details.
· Name of the Account : PM CARES
· Account Number : 2121PM20202
· IFSC Code : SBIN0000691
· SWIFT Code : SBININBB104
· Name of Bank & Branch : State Bank of India, New Delhi Main Branch
· UPI ID : pmcares@sbi
· Following modes of payments are available on the website pmindia.gov.in -
· Debit Cards and Credit Cards
· Internet Banking
· UPI (BHIM, PhonePe, Amazon Pay, Google Pay, PayTM, Mobikwik, etc.)
· Donations to this fund will be exempted from income tax under section 80(G).
Covid 19 is an infectious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome by coronavirus. It was first diagnosed in Wuhan in Dec 2019.
Dry Cough, Fever, shortness of
breath, sometimes muscle pain, sore throat, loss of smell and diahorrea.
To prevent infection and to slow transmission of COVID-19, follow the instructions
· Wash hands regularly with soap and water, or clean them with alcohol-based hand rub.
· Maintain at least 1 metre distance between you and people coughing or sneezing.
· Avoid touching your face.
· Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
· Stay home if you feel unwell.
· Refrain from smoking and other activities that weaken the lungs.
· Practice physical distancing by avoiding unnecessary travel and staying away from large groups of people.
My take on the Coronavirus and the way forward is:
· I am not a medical professional nor a public health official
· I am not advising on what you should do about your travel to India or elsewhere in the world in the immediate future
· My suggestion is ‘stay where you are and stay at home’ until the situation normalises
If you make any purchase via a link on this site, I may receive a small commission with no added cost to you.