yoga - tips before starting yoga
yoga-tips that needs to be kept in mind to start
Doing yoga everyday keeps one’s mind, body healthy and fit.
However it is also necessary for following certain important tips to follow
before doing yoga to get better results.
- It is better to do yoga in the morning hours at a clean and
- Doing yoga in an open space may be in garden is always better
if weather permits else it can be done indoors as well
- Bladders and bowels need to be empty
- Stomach should be kept empty before starting yoga. Meals should
be taken at least 3hours before doing yoga
- Start with proper warm up of your body
- For beginners start with simple postures
- Yoga should be done on a proper yoga mat
- Should wear proper comfortable clothes while doing yoga
- In case of cardiac problems consult a physician before
- Pregnant women should consult physician before starting to do
- Stay safe and prevent injuries. Enjoy doing yoga
Why should we not eat just before doing yoga?
While doing yoga especially forward and bending poses, there would be pressure on the abdomen. it may be difficult to press the abdomen due to the presence of food. The pressure on the abdomen may also push the food upward which may make you feel uncomfortable and make cause gastric problem. hence it is better to have food 3 hours before doing yoga. Hence following yoga tips are very important.
Tips while doing yoga
While doing yoga:
- Start with simple postures. Sit in a comfortable position and
can start with a prayer or meditation to get focus and concentration.
- Do proper warm exercises before starting yoga.
- Should do asanas which is comfortable for the body. Never
stress your body or mind by doing any stressful yoga.
- Do not hold the breath while doing yoga. Do normal breathing.
- Aim to practice for 30 mins to 1hour everyday.
- Be consistent while doing yoga. Do not do any asanas which
may hurt you physically.
Tips after doing yoga
After doing yoga:
- After doing asanas do meditation for 5-10 mins
- Do cool down exercises after doing yoga so that body does not
- Take bath only after 20-30mins after doing yoga.
- Consume food after 30-40 mins after doing yoga.
word of caution
Word of caution:
- During the menstrual period women should consult physician to
- Children below the age of 8 years should not do stressful
asanas. Only some light asanas like
meditation, pranyama can be done
- After surgeries or any injury consult the physician before
starting to do yoga
- To enjoy doing yoga it is very important follow proper tips given and learn under a proper practioner. yoga should not become a burden but one should enjoy doing yoga
- yoga asanas
- yoga branches
- yoga history
If you make any purchase via a link on this site, I may receive a small commission with no added cost to you.
As an Amazon Associate I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. Other links on this site may lead to other companies that I am associated with